Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 5

3. Hotel Transylvania (2012)                                                                              IMDB Rotten Tomatoes       

Next film is Hotel Transylvania, directed by Genndy Tartakovsky, and starring Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg, and Selena Gomez. I was excited for this film for quite some time, as it looked like a really fun concept. I never had the time to watch it last year, but I finally found some time many months after its initial release. With these sorts of films, whether its Dreamworks or Pixar or even Columbia Pictures, the entertainment factor is always very high, no matter the quality of the film.

I found the film to be very fun and highly entertaining, though I definitely recognize that it's not a very well-made film. Just like most of Adam Sandlers films now a days. Speaking of which, I really hope that Andy Samberg didn't leave SNL just so he could do movies like this with Adam Sandler. Sandler was once a great contributor to the film industry, but now he just pumps out movies because he can. Samberg should definitely do his own thing before he steps into that. However, I really enjoyed this film, and I thought it had a great concept. The writing is definitely...lacking, but the presentation is fantastic.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment